Church & Dwight:
What they’re about:
- Innovation-We consistently generate new ideas, thinking outside the box while remaining strategically focused. We always think in terms of possibilities, not limitations.
- Collaboration-We rely on open and honest communication to develop productive working relationships within and across our business units and functions. The mutual respect we have for our colleagues enables us to challenge each other, leading to an even more cohesive team.
- Focus-We maintain a laser-like focus on our consumers. We will grow by leveraging consumer insights on all of our brands and will continue to be industry leaders.
- Entrepreneurialism-We pride ourselves on fostering this spirit where risk-taking and action is encouraged. We are extremely competitive externally, but not internally.
The VP Marketing Personal Care & Beauty, based in our Global Headquarters in Ewing, NJ, will lead the strategic development, implementation, and daily oversight of all aspects of the brand and related product portfolio strategies for product categories within the assigned Strategic Business Unit (SBU) driving vision for a more international brand footprint.
This includes, but is not limited to, the overall development and implementation of the SBUs strategic direction, portfolio make up and positioning, budget creation and implementation and the creation of integrated marketing programs across the spectrum of advertising, professional endorsement, DTC, promotion, point of sale, partnership and sponsorship vehicles for our current and future portfolio of value price products through to super premium products.
Personal Care & Beauty is a clearly identified sales and profit growth driver for Church & Dwight US as well as internationally. In the last years we have made several acquisitions in that area (Batiste – which grew from U$30 million to over $100 million in the US), Toppik and Viviscal. We expect this track record of acquisitions to continue – which may include different or broadening business models like DTC vs. Church & Dwight’s main business.
This role will be charged with charting Church & Dwight’s path to growth in the personal care/beauty category as well as supporting international growth.
The brands include: Arm & Hammer®, Spinbrush®, OraJel®, Nair®, Batiste®, Toppik®, Viviscal®, Aim®, Close-Up®, Pepsodent®, Arrid®, Ultramax®, The VP Marketing Personal Care & Beauty will oversee a team of 17+ employees within a team of 90 marketing professionals.
What you’ll do:
Identifying creative, innovative and brand relevant market & product category opportunities to facilitate the continued growth and reinvigoration of the brand equity for assigned portfolio.
- Development of the 3-year strategy for the assigned SBU as well as identifying and assessing opportunities for growth (internally or externally).
- Development of the Annual Marketing Plan and strategies, tactics, and resources necessary to achieve the company’s growth and profit objectives. Ensure that the resources are allocated in an efficient and effective manner within budgetary parameters while maximizing ROI.
- Responsible for maintaining these budgets throughout the year, balancing the expenditures against a changing marketplace and corporate needs.
- In partnership with our GNPI Global New Product Innovation colleagues, leading the overall innovation strategy on the brand, including pipeline sufficiency and resource requirements with an eye on key issues such as margin dilution and incrementality
- Accountability for all advertising and packaging development using the brand trademark.
- Ensuring internal and external technology advancements and new, relevant analytic tools are appropriately leveraged to improve the efficiency of marketing spend
- Quick to understand, assess, and evaluate new media opportunities vs. other communication opportunities
- The development, implementation, and post evaluation of short and long-range marketing objectives, strategies and tactics to maximize brand support thru to retail, overall consumer awareness and sales opportunities for the complete portfolio.
- Directing the necessary research and critical analyses to continually monitor the Company’s market position, competitive movements, pricing policies, consumer trends, and other forces which impact the organization.
- Deciding resource allocation from R&D and supply chain for the SBU.
- Recruiting, training, mentoring, leading, inspiring, and managing marketing team.
- As a senior member of the Marketing management team, participate in strategic planning efforts including evaluation of any potential acquisition targets within assigned product categories
What you’ll need:
- BA/BS required; MBA preferred
- 18+ years total marketing business experience (CPG, Personal Care, Cosmetics)
- Financial acumen as P&L responsible
- International experience i.e. having lived and worked in a foreign language is highly preferred.
- Sales experience is a plus.
- A track record of consistent performance (over time) on both business and people results.
- A high-level motivation, achievement orientation, and actively seeks higher level challenges and opportunities.
- Demonstrated ability to learn from new experiences, adapt effectively to change, and apply lessons from those experiences to new challenges.
- The ability to crystallize complex information and situations and mobilize people to action.
- Flexibility in responding to changing market conditions and adapting the company’s business plans accordingly; involving such issues as brand integration, new product introductions and marketing support programs.
- Good organizational skills and the ability to pay close attention to detail; quick study aptitude. Proven ability to manage several tasks simultaneously.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to resolve problems;
- Ability to effectively communicate with senior management, strong verbal and written communication skills.
- High energy level with keen interest in working with all functional areas of the business in order to drive programs.
- Generates a vision, establishes direction, and motivates people to focus efforts and succeed.
- Demonstrated ability to generate big new ideas across multiple brands and successfully see them through to launch.
- Drives cross-functional teams at all levels to ensure best outcome for company.
- Ability to operate and drive results in different cultures.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with and influence Executive leadership across functions.
- Ensures outside parties are effective contributors.
- Proven ability to develop team competencies and skills.
- Business Acumen / Process Management / Technical Knowledge.
What Church & Dwight offers:
- Competitive salary including annual bonus & Stock Incentive Program
- Comprehensive benefits package along with generous 401K
- Career ownership & development
- Diversity & Sustainability
Church & Dwight Co. Inc., a $4 billion company, was founded in 1846 and is headquartered in Ewing, New Jersey. We are one of the fastest growing Consumer Packaged Goods companies and as a testament to our performance, the company was added to the S&P 500 in 2016. Church & Dwight is a leader in the Household Consumer Products and Personal Care industry, with such brands as ARM & HAMMER, Trojan, First Response, Nair, Spinbrush, Oxi Clean, Vitafusion, Orajel, Batiste, Waterpik and more.
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employee/Disability/Veterans
If you or someone you know is well-qualified for this role and would like to learn more, please send a message or submit the form below. A member of our team will respond right away.